Monday, June 4, 2012

Completed Goal -- #26: Find a New Hobby

I recently completed another goal for the Day Zero Project:

#26: Find a new hobby


My boyfriend, Don, and I got insanely bored a week or so ago and decided to stop down at Millennium Games to pick up a few starter decks for Magic: The Gathering. He had once had an extensive collection of cards but had sold them long before meeting me. I had only played once or twice in high school, but he and I were both looking for something that the two of us could do when we were mind-numbingly bored and no one else was around. Magic seemed to fit the bill.

Being the nerds that we are, we enjoy the fact that we can spend time together AND geek out at the same time. One of the things that I appreciate most about him (and I know the same is true for him) is that I can be myself around him without being judged. In fact, sometimes I think we try to out-nerd each other.

As with any hobby or activity, it's about moderation. I'm not going to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on cards, nor are he and I going to spend thousands of hours playing. It's just something fun and relatively inexpensive (as opposed to, say, bungee jumping every weekend or starting a collection of Faberge eggs) that we can do together.

So, two goals down, 99 to go.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment