Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Completed Goal -- #85: Clean Out My E-mail Inboxes

Yesterday I completed one goal on my Day Zero list:

#85: Clean out my e-mail inboxes

I had two that I specifically wanted to clean out--my work e-mail and my personal e-mail. The personal e-mail took all of about twenty seconds. My work e-mail, however, took me a good hour or so. I had about 5,500 unread e-mails (not to mention the gazillion e-mails that I had read but never deleted) to contend with. In fact, I hadn't cleaned that inbox out since the fall of 2010! But now it's a clean slate with nothing in it and it feels so nice. If I can keep it that way it'll be a miracle, but at least it's empty for the present moment.

This also means that I can put $10 in savings for completing a task. When I have $10, that is. Or, you know, a place in which to save it.

-J

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing a goal!! I just completed a goal myself: fitting into my bridesmaid dress! Isn't it such a good feeling??
    Let's do a virtual toast, shall we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *raises a glass* To dresses and e-mail. And to us. *clink*

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *clink* And the rest of the good that will come to pass :)

    ReplyDelete