Friday, May 18, 2012

Things That Make Me Happy -- #2: Car Karaoke

Every Friday I'll be posting about one thing that makes me happy in order to complete goal #82: Identify 100 things that make me happy.

Today's topic is: Car karaoke

I've been singing since I was a toddler. Apparently my mother once walked into the room to find me in my playpen rocking out to "Do Wah Diddy." I haven't stopped rocking since. Music is a huge part of my life (in addition to singing in playpens I also play the viola) and never fails to make me feel better--no matter how much my day has sucked. Nowhere is this more the case than in my car. When I'm out driving somewhere (or, even, just aimlessly wandering back roads in order to de-stress), I'm either doing one of two things: listening to NPR or blasting music and singing my head off.

If you ever pass me on the road you're likely to hear one of these songs blaring from my open window as I sing along:

1) "Allo Paris" by Mano Solo (Yes, I can sing/speak French.)

2) "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

3) "Demon Kitty Rag" by Katzenjammer

4) "Henrietta" by The Fratellis

5) "Dilli Düdük" by Tarkan (And I can sing in Turkish. I just wish I could speak it.)

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment