Thursday, May 17, 2012

I'm On a Mission

They're showing my apartment on Saturday. I've lived here for almost three years and I'm not the least bit sad to be leaving. When I first moved in it was with two girls that I barely knew and then after they moved out I asked my mother and sister (who were looking to move back to New York) to move in with me. Big mistake. Huge. Gigantic. All of it, actually. Neither roommate situation in this apartment was ideal and both of them caused a lot more stress than I cared to deal with. So now that it'll all be over in a few months, I'm able to start seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

That doesn't mean that I'm okay with them showing the apartment on Saturday. Ever since I wrote this post about my goal to get rid of all my unnecessary junk, I've been knee-deep in going through boxes. While I've managed to throw out a good deal of stuff, I'm nowhere near finished and my room kind of resembles the aftermath of a tornado at the moment.

Not pictured: my room. Via Meteorology News.

So for the next two days I am on a mission. No, it's not to get everything cleaned up and packed. That would be ridiculous. I'm on a mission to clean my room like a seven-year-old. That's right, folks--I'm going to shove everything out of the way to give the appearance that my room is clean.

To be honest, I'll probably do more tomorrow than today because I have work later on this afternoon, but every seven-year-old knows that the key to making it look like you've cleaned your room is to put everything under the bed and in the closet. Shouldn't take too long, right?

Wish me luck!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment